My family and I were very happy to be a part of the Jersey Mom's media event at the Liberty Science Center recently. We were invited to see everything first hand so we could bring back the information to you in case you were thinking of visiting over spring break! (Spoiler alert: We think you should.)
Here's a list of the Top Ten reasons we loved Liberty Science Center:
- Easy directions- Getting to the Liberty Science Center is easy from anywhere. We live near Long Beach Island which is about an hour and a half away and I think we made like 3 turns total the whole ride.
- The Exhibits!- Some of our favorites include the Touch Tunnel where we were able to crawl through an entirely pitch black tunnel using just our other senses to get back out, the Infinity Climber that seemed to hover in mid air, Sesame Street Presents: the Body that included hands on descriptions of everything having to do with our bodies (including the digestive system...), Beyond Rubik's Cube where many different types of the puzzle were displayed, and Skyscraper! where we were able to walk across a steel beam 18 feet above the ground!
- The price- General adult admission is $19.75, kids $15.75, seniors $16.75. You can add an IMAX film to your ticket for $5 or 2 films for $9. (Pssst! You can also look for coupons in your KidStuff books for $2 off each ticket!)
- Nonstop action- no matter where you turn there is something to see, touch, or read. It would be nearly impossible to leave there without learning at least one or two things.
- Friendly, excited, and knowledgeable staff- Everyone there seems genuinely excited to share their knowledge with visiting kids! There are experiment labs in a lot of the exhibits where staff members teach kids while allowing them to complete hands-on activities.
- Places to hide out- When you need a break from the action, there are benches and little nooks and crannies all over the place to sit and rest. Perfect for a quick regrouping before visiting the next exhibit.
- The view- There are windows everywhere that let you look out over NYC. It's so gorgeous.
- Beautiful gift shop- The gift selection is widely ranged from inexpensive souvenirs to more pricey conversation pieces. We picked up 3 different types of astronaut ice cream for $12.
- Bathrooms everywhere- There's nothing worse than being at a museum with limited access to bathrooms as a parent. At Liberty Science Center, there are bathrooms on every level.
- The smiles on my kids' faces. The ride home from Liberty Science Center was filled with excited conversation that started with, "What if..?" and "Did you see..?" and "My favorite part was..." It was a wonderful experience for us all.
And as a little incentive to get you there, I was also given a set of 4 tickets to giveaway! All you have to do to enter is complete the tasks in the Rafflecopter form below!
Don't forget to visit Liberty Science Center on all their social media channels: