- 1 box of fusilli pasta
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup water from cooked pasta
- 1 pound bulk hot sausage
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 large bunch fresh baby arugula
Cook fusilli according to box directions. While it is boiling, crumble sausage and brown it in a separate deep pan (I use a wok) on medium heat. Add the minced garlic to the browned sausage and let cook for one minute. Stir in tomatoes and let them cook down a bit (about 2 minutes). Fold in arugula, cover and turn off heat. The arugula will steam nicely with the heat that remains.
When pasta is done, drain it reserving a 1/3 cup of the water. Mix salt, pepper, parmesan and oil in a small bowl. Stir in water. Toss onto hot pasta coating it evenly.
For small parties, you can serve the pasta with the sausage mixture on top. For larger parties, I like to toss it altogether in a big bowl so people can serve themselves. Hope you like it!
To get the full Progressively Perfect Virtual Dinner Party blog hop experience, click the links below in order:
- Diapered Daze and Knights- Tuna Salad Rolls
- The Fabulous Food Fairy- Roasted Tomato Caprice in Garlic Bread Bowls
- Worthington Lower- Chili Layered Dip
- Chockababy- Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings
- Life at the BAT Cave- Chipotle Shrimp Salad
- Life Without Pink- Homemade Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
- Look What Mom Found- Dad Too!- Veggie and Pasta Summer Salad
- Real: The Kitchen and Beyond- Blackberry Melon Lemonade
- Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps- Moscow Mule Beer Cocktails
- The Vintage Mom- Kale & Zucchini Meatloaf
- Souffle Bombay- Lettuce Wraps
- the whole-y grail- Family Friendly Grilled Pizza 5 Ways
- Whatever Works- Spicy Sausage & Arugula Pasta
Coffee, Tea & Dessert
- An Opera Singer in the Kitchen- Dark Chocolate Cream Pie with Berries
- Will's World- S'mores Frozen Coffee
- A Grande Life- No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
- The Naughty Mommy- Key Lime Pie
- Legos and Lattes- Vanilla Spiced Chai Lattes
- The Turnip Farmer- Vodka Gummi Bears
Decorations, Outfits and Music
- Crafty Garden Mama- Eco Friendly Entertaining
- Finnegan and the Hughes- Dressing the Kiddos
- Honey Badger Mom- Progressive Party Playlist, Playa!
Hope you have as much fun reading through the party as we did planning it!