OK I admit I may have been a bit liberal in naming this post. But in my book, this salsa is as easy to make as it would be to go to the store, buy a jar of the premade stuff and open it.
And guess what?
This tastes better.
It's also prettier.
And right now produce is SO plentiful at the supermarkets it would be a shame to let any of those beautiful fruits and veggies go to waste. Once you try this, you might have a hard time going back to the jarred stuff.
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy Salsa
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 small clove of garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped sweet peppers - I like to use different colors like yellow and orange)
- 1/2 cup fresh or 1 Tbsp dried parsely*
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp your favorite oil - I use avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 a lemon
Mix up everything but the lemon in a big bowl. Then squeeeeze that lemon over the top and put it in the fridge to absorb all the flavors for about an hour. Now you're ready to dig right in.
*If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will already know that I HATE cilantro. HAAAATE it. But of course, you can substitute it for the parsely in this recipe if you are so inclined.
...Just don't ask me to taste test it.