I have been doing some serious thinking the last few days. And guess what I came up with.
Potatoes are my favorite food.
Yep. Potatoes are so versatile. They can be eaten at every meal and in between without anyone even batting an eyelash. They can be boiled, fried, baked, mashed, shredded, roasted, ...you name it!
Here is my latest use of those beautiful bad boys.
Steak fries with bacon and cheddar
- 4 large Eastern or Idaho potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Montreal Seasoning (If you do not have Montreal seasoning, you can just use salt, pepper and garlic powder)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar
- 6 strips of bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1 tsp fresh chives chopped
- sour cream (optional)
Cut the potatoes into wedges about 1/2 inch thick on the thickest part. Toss them in olive oil and Montreal seasoning and bake at 400° for about 30 minutes or until crispy. Check them every few minutes and turn when necessary. When they are don, place the potatoes in a broiler safe pan (I like to use an oven safe frying pan for presentation purposes) and top with crumbled bacon and cheese. Broil until cheese is melted about 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle on the chives and serve with a side of sour cream, if you'd like.