If you guys know me at all, you know that I am a cheapskate. No, frugal is too nice a word for what I am. I am a flat out, penny-pinching pain in the arse when it comes to buying anything. I hate spending money. I especially hate spending money when it comes to myself.
When it comes to my skin, I will spend whatever it takes to make it feel good. See, I have dealt with skin issues my entire life. I have always had the driest skin due to environmental issues and allergies. I also suffer from psoriasis that can be downright painful at times. I will try anything and everything to help make the pain go away. When I find something that makes me feel even a little bit better, I stick with it.
Dermagist Hydrating Spa System
Recently, I was asked to try some skin products from Dermagist and write about my experience with them. Of course I jumped at the chance because 1)they were giving me free samples to try and 2)my skin was being particularly mean at the time.
Within a week of my saying yes, I received Dermagist's Hydrating Spa System (sold on their website for $89.99) which included full bottles of three products: Hydro-Renewal Hand Cream, Foot & Heel Revitalizing Cream, and Hydropeutic Body Lotion.
I took some "before" pictures and started using the products immediately. Within a week, I could already see a difference in the way my skin looked and more importantly how it felt. I have been using them now for about a month and can tell you honestly that my skin feels fantastic.
Here are some things I noticed since using Dermagist:
- My nail beds and cuticles on both my hands and feet are smooth and shiny.
- My inherently cracked, dry heels look much better in my sandals since I've been using the foot cream.
- My whole body feels smooth to the touch.
- I don't feel the constant need to slather on extra lotion throughout the day. Using the Hydrating Spa System twice a day (once in the morning & once at night) has been enough.
- I have not had any psoriasis flare-ups when using the Dermagist products. No, the products themselves are not meant to be psoriasis treatments. However, stress is a known cause of flare-ups in a lot of psoriasis patients, including me. My skin has always been a stressor in my life. The psoriasis makes me anxious which causes more flare-ups which causes more stress...it's a vicous cycle. Since the Dermagist helped my skin, it helped keep my stress level in check as well. Therefore, I have been having less psoriatic flare-ups.
My hands feel and look SO much better!
I was very happy to have been given the opportunity to try Dermagist's products. My experience with them has been wonderful. If you are anything like me, you probably won't take my word for it and want to try them yourself. Well, good news! Dermagist is offering a Hydrating Spa System for one of my lucky readers! All you have to do is fill out the Rafflecopter form below and complete the tasks to be entered into the giveaway.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
And don't fret if you don't win! Dermagist is also offering a 10% discount with promo code "SUMMER" good until Sept 15, 2013. Just enter it into their site when ordering. They also offer discounts for repeat customers as well. I hope you like it!
*I was given a Dermagist Hydrating Spa System free of charge. No other compensation was given. All opinions are my own.