Disclosure: I was given a Gripcase iPad2 cover and asked to write an honest review. I was not given any compensation otherwise. All opinions are my own. Er, I should say all opinions are my daughter's and my own.
My daughter has always been fond of electronics. She is a natural gamer and loves to mess around on the computer any chance she gets. She is 10 so we thought it was time for her to have her own computer-like device. But before we made the plunge into the world of iPads, we wanted to see what type of covers were available to protect our investment. As if she read my mind, my friend Kelly asked me right around the same time if I would like to review a Gripcase.
When the Gripcase came in the mail, I immediately fell in love with it. But I knew I wasn't going to be the one using it, so I thought it would be fun to interview my daughter and get her thoughts on it. Here's how it went:
Me (M): So, how do you like your new iPad2?
Daughter (D): I love it!
M: How about that Gripcase? How's that working out for you?
D: It's awesome. I love the color.
M: What else do you like about it?
D: I love that I can hold onto it without worrying I'm going to drop my iPad. I don't have to hold it like a book; I can hold it down at my side like a bag.
M: Anything else?
D: Yes, I like that I can lay my iPad upside down on my desk and not worry about the screen getting scratched.
Me: Is there anything you aren't really fond of?
D: Well, sometimes it's hard to use my thumbs for swiping the screen when the Gripcase is on because the handles make it difficult. But that's no big deal.
M: Great! Thank you!
I would also like to add a few of my own observations:
- I feel more comfortable allowing my 5 year-old son to play with the iPad when the Gripcase is on.
- It's easy to clean.
- It makes the iPad more visible so the kids are less likely to sit on it or throw something on top of it.
- It is easy enough for me to pop the iPad in and out, but not easy for the kids to do it.
- The color selection is really nice. We chose green because my daughter's sports teams are green.
- As a bonus Gripcase is offering to give one Gripcase to the school of your choice when you purchase a Gripcase for yourself during their BOGO Buy One, Give One event. I think that's fantastic.
Gripcase offers cases for all iPad minis, iPads 2,3,4 and the iPad Air. Gripcase is made of lightweight EVA foam with 4 protruding handles and corner cushions to help protect your device during any impact. Gripcase comes in a variety of colors and is available through their website www.gripcase.com.