I can't believe it! 'What the heck's a bonbon?' was nominated for a Liebster Award by Jillian at I am a Homemaker! I feel the need to give a speech:
I would like to thank Jillian and the Academy of other small bloggers out there. I'd also like to thank my family who put up with so much... waiting for me to take pictures of their food before they are allowed to eat it...giving me "just one more minute" to "finish something up" on a regular basis...being the guinea pigs for just about everything my brain comes up with. It's such an honor to be nominated...
What the heck's a Liebster Award, you ask? Well, it's a cool award given out from writers of small blogs to writers of other small blogs as a way to say "Hey! You're alright!" and "I dig what you're doing!" It's a great tool for finding fresh new reading material for you, too.
I was asked a bunch of questions when I received this major frah-gee-lay award. Here are my answers:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I forgot how much I loved to write until I started reading other blogs. So I thought, hey! I can do that too! And I did.
2. Are you a Mac or PC person?
PC. Although I do have an iPhone and can not for the life of me understand how to navigate a Droid.
3. What time do you go to bed at night?
10:00. But I have been known to fall asleep on the couch much earlier. #partyanimal
4. If there was one major renovation you could make to your home for free, what would it be?
I would finish our basement. Or put in a pool. Or a basketball court. Or...
5. Fruit Loops or Lucky Charms?
I am going to have to go with neither and give big props to Fruity Pebbles.
6.What is your favorite TV show?
Right now it's Walking Dead. In the past it's been the X Files, Six Feet Under, and My So-Called Life to name a few.
7. Disney World, love it or leave it?
I loved it when I was there, but was able to leave it just fine.
8. What is your favorite flower?
Lily of the Valley
9. Give us the link to the post you feel best represents you and the purpose of your blog.
10. If you were a candy, which one would you be?
You know those weird wafer-like flying saucers that have strange sprinkles inside when you bite into them? That's me. Because they are weird. And I am weird.
11. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I love being able to write and make people chuckle every once in a while.
Now it's my turn to nominate 11 more awesome small blogs out there! Without further ado...my nominees are:
- Lindsey at Sisters to Sons
- Katie at The Modest Heart
- Pricilla at Bear Haven Mama
- Gina at Embracing Imperfect
- Cassie at Not Our Ways
- Megan at Made to Bloom
- Bonnie at Espressos of Faith
- Nance at Leaning Alone on Jesus
- Alison at Kitchen Table
- Colleen at A Madison Mom
- Jann at Reflect | His Love and His Glory
Now, the nominees will have to complete the following rules I was given:
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions given by the nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Here’s the hard part: Think up 11 new questions for the nominees.
- Lastly, be sure to alert the nominees that you have nominated them.
Here are your questions!
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?
2. Elephant or giraffe?
3. What is your favorite food?
4. Who do you look up to the most?
5. Would you rather cook or clean?
6. Soup or salad?
7. What's your favorite type of sandwich?
8. If you had the chance to change your first name, what would it be?
9. Tea of coffee?
10. What's YOUR favorite blog post you'e ever written? Give us the link.
11. If time travel were possible, would you do it?
Thank you for participating! I can't wait to discover more small blogs by reading all your responses!
This was fun!